The L3 Improvement Technician apprenticeship is for learners who want to develop their knowledge on Lean and Six Sigma principles and implement short improvement projects within their organisation.
The Improvement Technician apprenticeship will teach learners how to use a blend of Lean and Six Sigma, project and change management principles and give them the tools to identify and lead the delivery of Improvement Projects within their own work area.
Typically, Technicians work as a member of an operational team to resolve problems - preventing re-occurrence, engaging others in issues affecting them and supporting the improvement of performance. Typical activities include:
· Engaging team members in the identification of improvement opportunities and relevant countermeasures and controls
· Initiating and facilitating improvement activities through to confirmed resolution
· Providing local expertise in business improvement methods and basic tools to team
This apprenticeship will be delivered according to the three EPA assessment methods:
· Multiple choice examination – to assess knowledge elements of the standard
· Project report, presentation & questioning – to holistically assess knowledge, skills and behaviours (KSBs) in the standard
· Professional discussion underpinned by log – to holistically assess KSBs across the standard
Before assessment, apprentices will also complete a log book, project portfolio and L2 English and Maths qualifications
20% Off-the-job Training
Throughout the qualification learners are expected to complete 20% off-the-job training. Off-the-job training is training received by the learner, during the learner’s paid hours, for the purpose of achieving their apprenticeship.
Off-the-job training must be directly relevant to the apprenticeship standard and teach new knowledge, skills and behaviours required to reach competence in the management sector.
L3 Improvement Technician
L2 Functional Skills Maths
L2 Functional Skills English
Level 4 Improvement Practitioner
Learners must be able to secure off-the-job training directly relevant to the apprenticeship standard that teaches new knowledge, skills and behaviours required to reach competence in the management sector.
To apply, please contact Lisa.Emmerson@nacollege.ac.uk