Brief outline of role:
We are currently recruiting for a tutor/assessor to carry out teaching, learning and assessment activities across a variety of training programmes which include Performing Manufacturing Operations and Lean Manufacturing Operations apprenticeships.
To participate fully in the planning, development and implementation of the provision, in tracking learner progress and in ensuring target success rates are achieved.
Key Responsibilities specific to role:
· Maintain a caseload of apprentices/ course provision and ensure that their training needs are met and assessed to meet the requirements of the appropriate funding body, awarding body and NA College.
· Participate in the planning, development and implementation of the provision.
· Ensure all learners are visited regularly as per agreed Individual Learning Plan and where necessary additional visits are carried out to support any additional needs.
· Monitor learners' progression ensuring they progress each month and ensure assessment for each element of their programme is completed enabling learners to meet achievement targets for all parts of their programme on time.
· Maintain learner records accurately both hard copy and electronically and ensure all evidence for all visits are readily available and accessible for audit and quality purposes and within agreed timescales.
· Prepare, adapt, organise and maintain learning resources and/or equipment.
· To support apprentices in achieving their apprenticeship framework/standard through:
o Conducting work-based observations and assessments
o Ensuring portfolio standards and requirements achieved
o Adapting / developing learning materials as required
o Encourage and monitor the use of the online platform for maths and English
o Recording and providing feedback to apprentices on their progress
o Assisting apprentices to build up a portfolio of evidence for end point assessment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
E- Essential D - Desirable
Lean Manufacturing Operations techniques E
Performing Manufacturing Operations techniques E
Conscientious and autonomous self-starter with the ability to plan and manage own workload E
Strong communication skills, oral and written and the ability to network effectively E
Good administration and organisational skills E
Ability to work with multimedia and new technology in a learning environment E
Ability to use a variety of assessment methods in order to ensure effective differentiated learning E
Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills. An intermediate level of understanding of MS office applications desirable. E
Ability to respond positively and sympathetically to learners and provide appropriate support. E
Ability to work as part of a team E
Creative and innovative with the ability to change role to suit NA College requirements and changing environment E
Knowledge of Ofsted criteria (EIF) E
Knowledge of a range of teaching and learning strategies that provide learner progression and success. E
Knowledge of most recent Government Initiatives D
Significant sector appropriate experience E
Experience of assessing apprenticeships E
Experience of delivering LMO and PMO E
Experience of improving learner success E
Experience of successful employer engagement within a college / training provider setting D
Experience of using e portfolios D
Experience of working with Awarding Bodies D
Qualifications and Training
Teaching qualification / CTLLS or equivalent E
Level 2 or above in Math’s and English E
A1/TAQA award E
V1/TAQA award D
A broad portfolio of professional and personal development D
NA College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect staff to share this commitment E
Target driven and committed to achieving excellence through continuous improvement E
Staff will always strive to achieve grade 1 or 2 during observations to demonstrate excellence in assessing E
Willing to undertake new learning and personal development E
Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances and work to meet changing requirements and new ideas E
Have a friendly and humorous disposition to fit the culture of NA College E
Be prepared to travel across the region (some national travel may be required) E
Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance E
Holder of a valid driving license or equivalent E
Ability to work flexibly to meet NA College requirements. E