Brief outline of role:
The role of a Quality Practitioner is to be responsible for continually monitoring the quality and effectiveness of teaching, learning and assessment across a range of learning programmes predominately focused on Engineering and Manufacturing. The Quality Practitioner will use their extensive knowledge, skills and experience to give advice and support NA Colleges delivery teams to achieve outstanding quality of education that inspires learners to achieve their potential.
To undertake robust quality assurance processes in line with Ofsted’s Education Inspection Framework, Awarding Organisations requirements and compliance with the quality of ESFA documentation. This will include facilitating inspections and audits conducted internally and by external agencies.
To participate fully in the planning, development and implementation of programmes of learning.
Key Responsibilities specific to role:
- To ensure compliance, quality and consistency of assessment activities are undertaken in all curriculum areas in line with NA College standards and comply with Awarding Organisations, Ofsted’s Education Inspection Framework and other external agencies.
- To actively engage in supporting and embedding performance improvements and embed a culture that supports continuous improvement in the quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment.
- Collaborate effectively with Curriculum Managers/Heads ofDepartment to support them to evaluate, monitor and improve the quality of provision within their areas. This includes designing and implementing bespoke effective interventions that lead to significant improvement and impact in the standards and quality of education.
- Lead and support on the development, monitoring and evaluation of development plans that improve the learner experience and progress, providing effective coaching and mentoring to individuals and teams which will enable them to grow, develop and improve.
- Support delivery/assessment staff and managers to achieve excellence throughout all aspects of the learner journey, across all aspects of provision. This includes teaching and learning, IAG, induction, target setting, tutorial, assessment and feedback.
- To organise and facilitate External Quality Assurance visits within the scope of area of responsibility and address actions identified.
- Facilitate and analyse the collection of feedback from learners on programme to identify themed areas for improvement.
- To participate in course evaluation and self-assessment activities and provide accurate, concise evaluation reports and recommendations for improvement.
- Undertake classroom and learning visits, accurately identifying strengths and areas for further development to support delivery and assessment staff to continuously develop learning and assessment strategies.
- To participate in the development and implementation of a robust tutor support programme.
- To contribute to the review and evaluation of curriculum programmes, self-assessment and the implementation of effective improvement plans.
Key Responsibilities (generic)
- Know what and where the NA College strategy is, what it contains, and make sure what they do on a day to day basis is in line with the strategic objectives in some way.
- Ensure the work they do is a high quality standard and NA College procedures and policies are followed at all times.
- Engage in personal professional development to keep up to date in industry/commercial issues, attend mandatory training.
- Present NA College in a positive way at all times with external clients, students, customers etc.
- Work flexibly and efficiently in order to meet customers’ needs, whilst maintaining the highest possible professional standards.
- Bring new ideas and try new ideas/approaches with an open mind.
- To act at all times in accordance with NA College's policies, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity andSafeguarding. To promote the highest standards of practice and ensure the effective implementation of these policies within the area of responsibility.
- Fully engage in the performance management process.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of data at all times.
- Live theNA College values in daily life and embed in everything they do.
- Participate as required in NA College wider activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of Awarding Organisations quality assurance expectations and requirements - E
Conscientious and autonomous self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritise own workload, manage time effectively, function well under pressure and meet challenging deadlines. - E
Strong coaching, mentoring and interpersonal skills that enables to work effectively with staff across all areas of NA College - E
Good administration and organisational skills - E
Ability to inspire, influence and motivate others to achieve outstanding teaching, learning and assessment practice - E
Self- Awareness, self-confidence and the ability to accurately self-assess and reflect constructively on own behaviour and impact - E
Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills. An intermediate level of understanding of MS office applications desirable. - E
Good knowledge of best practice and research into teaching, learning and assessment methods and the impact of these on the quality of education - E
Ability to work as part of a team - E
Creative and innovative with the ability to change role to suit NA College requirements and changing environment - E
Knowledge of Ofsted criteria (EIF) and expectations - E
Significant experience in implementing quality assurance processes to comply with AO requirements - E
Consistently good teaching experience gained within FE or an appropriate sector. - E
Experience of providing innovative and well received staff development to groups of staff which has resulted in improvements in the quality of teaching, learning and assessment - E
Experience of coaching and mentoring individual staff which has raised standards - E
Experience of using e portfolios - E
Experience of working with Awarding Organisations - E
Qualifications and Training
L3 Teaching qualification / CTLLS or equivalent - E
Level 2 or above in Math’s and English - E
A1/TAQA award- E
V1/TAQA award - E
L3 or equivalent qualification in Engineering or Manufacturing - E
Level 3 Coaching qualification - D
A broad portfolio of professional and personal development - D
NA College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect staff to share this commitment - E
Target driven and committed to achieving excellence through continuous improvement - E
Willing to undertake new learning and personal development - E
Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances and work to meet changing requirements and new ideas -E
Have a friendly and humorous disposition to fit the culture of NA College - E
Be prepared to travel across the region (some national travel may be required) - E
Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance - E
Holder of a valid driving license or equivalent - E
Ability to work flexibly to meet NA College requirements. - E
KPIs and Mission statement – Tutor/Assessors
To be a leading independent training provider at the heart of the UK skills agenda, providing solutions to emerging challenges and opportunities by promoting an innovative and creative curriculum.
To engage in collaborative partnerships to build capacity and maximise opportunities presented as a result of economic change.
Safe (environment, supportive, safe enough to be open and honest e.g. ‘I need more support/training’, ‘I made a mistake how can I fixit?’)
Fulfilled (valued, loyalty, progression opportunities, belief in the vision)
KPI’s specific to role including generic:
- Carry out and submit timely learner reviews (90%)
- Actively engage in programme enrichment design
- ILP’s to be accurately updated bi- monthly throughout learners programme
- All learner work marked/ assessed timely – 2 week turnaround
- Deliver robust and meaningful Initial Assessments, Diagnostics and IAG.
- Contribute to CRE’s
- 100%attendance at team meetings
- Complete and be on track with all mandatory CPD as required by NA College
- Maintain sector/professional competence e.g. subject developments, knowledge of AwardingOrganisation and knowledge of Ofsted
- Actively engage positively with staff appraisal process
- Producing reports when requested and in given timescales
- Present yourself in line with NA College professional standards
- Work collaboratively across all NA College teams and departments