NA College is at the cutting edge of Reality Education, our initiative to empower all of our learners and apprentices to achieve more through innovative simulated working environments in collaboration with leading advanced manufacturing employers. This ensures disadvantage is not a barrier to a prosperous career and students are prepared for tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Teacher to join our curriculum team. The role of the teacher is to deliver, assess and where necessary offer support to learners engaged in standards / NVQ engineering courses up to level 3, in accordance with the awarding body guidelines.
As an Engineering Teacher, you will deliver outstanding teaching to individuals and groups and assess learners work to meet the standards within the Engineering sector.
The role may also include other tasks as directed by your line manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To deliver and assess engineering courses up to and including level three.
- To develop and maintain the current engineering course materials
- Assist in assessing, changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures. (ILP etc).
- To review course content and delivery methods on a regular basis.
- Assume responsibility for meeting their course and learner performance goals.
- To ensure all relevant evidence of learning is accurately and correctly documented and completed for each learner.
- Provide feedback and support to learners on a one to one / group basis.
- To prepare and assist in internal and external audits.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their line Manager.
- HNC / NVQ level 3 in Engineering
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification or workingtowards
- Has experience of teaching, delivering and developing Engineeringcourses
- Current practical experience within vocational area
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience inindustry.
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Communicates effectively, both orally, and in writing, with learners,employers and other professionals
Additional Requirements (Desirable)
- An understanding of the advanced apprenticeship standards
- An intermediate level of understanding of MS office applications
- Has experience of training needs analysis and programme design
- Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range ofpersonnel
- Self-starter, able to manage a variety of projects independently
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Patient and shows control in challenging situations
- Can take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
- Shows leadership when appropriate, but is also a good team player
- Clear thinking and a good communicator