To apply for this role, please contact email@example.com with your CV and an indication of the role you're applying for.
Brief outline of role:
To carry out teaching, learning and assessment activities across a variety of training programmes to include work-based learning, apprenticeships, traineeships and short courses. The successful candidate will participate fully in the planning, development and implementation of the above provisions. They will track learner progress and ensure target success rates are achieved.
Key Responsibilities specific to role:
· Maintain a caseload of apprentices/short course provision and ensure that their training needs are met and assessed to meet the requirements of the appropriate funding body, awarding body and NA College.
· Participate in the planning, development and implementation of the provision
· Ensure all learners are visited regularly as per agreed Individual Learning Plan and where necessary additional visits are carried out to support any additional needs
· Monitor learner’s progression ensuring they progress each month and ensure assessment for each element of the apprenticeship is completed enabling learners to meet achievement targets for all parts of their programme on time.
· Maintain learner records accurately both hard copy and electronically and ensure all evidence for all visits are readily available and accessible for audit and quality purposes and within agreed timescales.
· Prepare, adapt, organise and maintain learning resources and/or equipment.
· To support apprentices in achieving their apprenticeship framework/standard through:
o Conducting work-based observations and assessments
o Ensuring portfolio standards and requirements achieved
o Adapting / developing learning materials as required
o Encourage and monitor the use of the online platform for maths and English
o Recording and providing feedback to apprentices on their progress
o Assisting apprentices to build up a portfolio of evidence for end point assessment
· Attend internal and external meetings as required
· Liaise with Awarding Bodies and Internal Quality Assurance.
· To maintain records to track learner achievement and performance on all aspects of frameworks and standards
· To contribute to the review and evaluation of curriculum programmes, self-assessment and the implementation of effective quality improvement plans
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
E- Essential D - Desirable
Strong background in management strategies, admin functions and improvement processes E
Conscientious and autonomous self-starter with the ability to plan and manage own workload E
Strong communication skills, oral and written and the ability to network effectively E
Good administration and organisational skills E
Ability to work with multimedia and new technology in a learning environment E
Ability to use a variety of assessment methods in order to ensure effective differentiated learning E
Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills. An intermediate level of understanding of MS office applications desirable. E
Ability to respond positively and sympathetically to learners and provide appropriate support. E
Ability to work as part of a team E
Creative and innovative with the ability to change role to suit NA College requirements and changing environment E
Knowledge of Ofsted criteria (EIF) E
Knowledge of a range of teaching and learning strategies that provide learner progression and success. E
Knowledge of most recent Government Initiatives D
Significant sector appropriate experience (management, administration, improvement processes) E
Experience of assessing apprenticeships E
Experience of Standards and End Point Assessment E
Experience of improving learner success E
Experience of successful employer engagement within a college / training provider setting D
Experience of delivering innovative classroom-based activities E
Experience of using a range of technology to support learning E
Experience of using e portfolios D
Experience of working with Awarding Bodies E
Qualifications and Training
L3 Teaching qualification / DTLLS or equivalent E
Level 2 or above in Math’s, English and ICT E
A1/TAQA award E
V1/TAQA award D
L3 Management qualification E
A broad portfolio of professional and personal development E
NA College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect staff to share this commitment E
Target driven and committed to achieving excellence through continuous improvement E
Staff will always strive to achieve grade 1 or 2 during observations to demonstrate excellence in assessing E
Willing to undertake new learning and personal development E
Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances and work to meet changing requirements and new ideas E
Have a friendly and humorous disposition to fit the culture of NA College
Be prepared to travel across the region (some national travel may be required) E
Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance E
Holder of a valid driving license or equivalent E
Ability to work flexibly to meet NA College requirements E
To be a leading independent training provider at the heart of the UK skills agenda, providing solutions to emerging challenges and opportunities by promoting an innovative and creative curriculum.
To engage in collaborative partnerships to build capacity and maximise opportunities presented as a result of economic change.
Safe (environment, supportive, safe enough to be open and honest e.g. ‘I need more support/training’, ‘I made a mistake how can I fix it?’)
Fulfilled (valued, loyalty, progression opportunities, belief in the vision)
KPI’s specific to role including generic:
1. Prepare and plan teaching sessions to appropriately incorporate (3i’s) intent, implement, impact
2. Carry out and submit timely learner reviews (90%)
3. Achieve NA College standard of grade 2 or above for OTLA’s
4. Actively engage in programme enrichment design
5. ILPs to be accurately updated every two months throughout learners’ programme
6. All learner work marked/ assessed timely – 2-week turnaround.
7. Deliver robust and meaningful Initial Assessments, Diagnostics and IAG.
8. Contribute to CRE’s
9. 100%attendance at team meetings
10. Complete and be on track with all mandatory CPD as required by NA College
11. Maintain sector/professional competence e.g. subject developments, knowledge of Awarding Organisation and knowledge ofOfsted
12. Actively engage positively with staff appraisal process
13. Producing reports when requested and in given timescales
14. Present yourself in line with NA College professional standards
15. Work collaboratively across all NA College teams and departments