Brief outline of role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and motivated individual to join our team. As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will be responsible for supporting the digital team providing effective and efficient administration support ensuring that a professional
administration service is readily available and maintained.
Successful candidates will be expected to undertake an approved administration apprenticeship programme and complete all aspects of the framework. This will be achieved via on the job training and formal training sessions.
Key Responsibilities specific to role:
• General administration including emails, spreadsheets, filing etc., typing letters and reports, photocopying and mailings
• Assist in monitoring project timelines
• Facilitating the collation of work records
• Facilitating the technical support system
• Collate information to create reports for meetings
• Make recommendations for improvements and present solutions to manager
• Develop, implement, maintain and improve administrative services
• To assist with the review and maintenance of efficient and effective administrative processes
• Attend and support meetings and provide minutes
• Prepare, compile and sort documentation for data entry
• Undertake research activities
• Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required
• Comply with data integrity and security policies
Key responsibilities (generic)
• Know what and where the Stream strategy is, what it contains, and make sure what they do on a day to day basis is in line with the strategic objectives in some way.
• Ensure the work is of a high quality standard and Stream procedures and policies are followed at all times.
• Engage in personal professional development to keep up to date in industry updates, attend mandatory training.
• Present Stream in a positive way at all times with external clients, customers etc.
• Work flexibly and efficiently in order to meet customers’ needs, whilst maintaining the highest possible professional standards.
• Bring new ideas and try new ideas/approaches with an open mind.
• To act at all times in accordance with Stream’s policies, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding. To promote the highest standards of practice and ensure the effective implementation of these policies within the area of responsibility.
• Fully engage in the performance management process.
• Maintain confidentiality and security of data at all times.
• Live the Stream values in daily life and embed in everything they do.
• Participate as required in Stream wider activities.
Skills & Abilities E- Essential D - Desirable
Ability to plan and manage own workload E
Good communication skills, oral and written E
Good administration and organisational skills E
Attention to detail E
Experience of Microsoft office E
Experience of data entry D
Experience of working with databases / spreadsheets D
Knowledge of administration and customer service E
processes and procedures E
Qualifications and Training
GCSE in Math’s & English grade A-C or Maths & English
level 2 (or commitment to gaining this within 12 months of employment) E
ICT qualification D
Stream is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect staff to share this commitment E
Committed to achieving excellence through continuous improvement E
Willing to undertake new learning and personal development E
Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances and work to meet changing requirements and new ideas E
Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance E
Holder of a valid driving license or equivalent as required
to undertake some national travel D
Ability to work flexibly to meet Stream requirements. E
1. Facilitate project timelines and provide weekly updates to manager
2. Collate work records and provide information for monthly invoices
3. Update incoming technical support records and respond to request within 2 hours
4. Compile weekly reports on incoming jobs and technical support
5. Maintain and improve administrative services
6. 100% attendance at team meetings
7. Complete meeting minutes and distribute within 48 hours
8. Complete and be on track with all mandatory CPD as required by Stream
9. Complete L3 Business Administrator apprenticeship – 18 months and meeting set targets throughout
10. Maintain sector/professional competence
11. Actively engage positively with staff appraisal process
12. Present yourself in line with Stream professional standards
13. Work collaboratively across all key stakeholder teams and departments