|Job Title:||Internal Quality Assurer (IQA)|
|Salary:||£33,000 – £35,000|
|Contract Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Reports To:||Head of Quality & Curriculum (HOD)|
The purpose of the job
To ensure NA College staff adhere to the highest possible standards of quality and compliance and to closely monitor learner progress through the robust and efficient implementation of NA College quality strategy.
To manage, develop, implement and drive forward quality improvements by monitoring and supporting staff performance and quality and performance indicators in line with the Ofsted Common inspection framework.
Responsible for the internal quality assurance process in accordance with awarding body and other regulatory bodies’ standards in order to ensure quality and effectiveness of qualifications attained. Accountable for managing and maintaining all IQA processes.
Responsible for providing advice, support and guidance to employees on educational and qualification standards and changes.
Internal Quality Assurance and related activities
- Responsible for the development and management of the internal quality strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and best practice in line with award body and other regulatory bodies.
- Accountable for managing and maintaining all IQA processes.
- To organise and run External Quality Assurance visits within the scope of area of responsibility.
- To deal with any action points from External Quality Assurance visits.
- Responsible for internal quality of learner files ensuring standards achieved and identifying referral actions.
- Responsible for providing advice, support and guidance to employees on industry and qualification standards and changes.
- Accountable for the timely completion of all IQA documentation and processes.
- Responsible for conducting audits, observations, sampling, identifying improvements and ensuing best practice.
- Management of sampling strategies and internal quality schedule.
- Responsible for organising and delivering standardisation meetings.
- Accountable for providing IQA support through sampling strategies.
- Responsible for supporting in the preparation and management of audit visits.
- Management of the sampling plans and ensuring timely submission of files for quality.
- Responsible for identifying risk and appropriate corrective action.
- To work closely with the team and other departments to ensure the communication in respect of the internal quality process is effective and robust.
- Responsible for the development of continuous improvement and best practice strategies.
- Accountable for maintaining own continuous professional development and keeping updated with changes to standards.
- To complete paperwork in accordance with awarding body, funding and audit requirements.
- To ensure own training and development, including CPD, is up to date and compliant with relevant professional bodies.
- To support the ethos of NA College, its marketing and recruitment activities.
- To maintain the highest professional standards in accordance with the policies/procedures.
- To support the Company’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young adults and vulnerable adults.
- To travel as required to meet the requirements of the position.
Quality & Curriculum related activities
- Effectively plan and manage robust quality reviews and audits of curriculum/programme areas, key processes etc, as required, making recommendations on action and improvement as appropriate.
- Work closely with all departments to support the preparation of the College SAR and QIP.
- Implement and drive the quality of the learner journey, supporting staff with advice and guidance linked to their respective Apprenticeship Standards.
- Work with Heads of Departments to implement a robust quality program to ensure all learners KSB’s will be met for their required Apprenticeship Standard.
- Provide positive, robust and effective advice, guidance, support and coaching to Department Heads, Programme Leads and their teams to improve the quality of Assessment and compliance with ESFA and Ofsted requirements.
- Manage and maintain compliance of all Awarding Organisation requirements.
- Develop and manage the implementation of robust in-year programme reviews against targets and actions identified in the QIP.
- Manage workloads to ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage the production, distribution, collection, analysis and reporting of internal and external feedback from Employers, Learners and Learner support function across the College, and follow up action.
- Work closely with all departments to support the development of curriculum in readiness for Ofsted Inspection including driving forward performance improvement strategies.
- Implement sound impact measures in line with EIF requirements.
- To assist in the recruitment of high calibre delivery staff across all departments.
- To undertake any other duties, as required, appropriate to the grade of the post.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.|
|Essential (E) or Desirable (D)|
|Ability to plan and manage own workload||E|
|Excellent communication skills, oral and written||E|
|Meticulous attention to detail||E|
|Knowledge of Awarding Organisations quality assurance expectations and requirements||E|
|Conscientious and autonomous self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritise own workload, manage time effectively, function well under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.||E|
|Strong coaching, mentoring and interpersonal skills that enables to work effectively with staff across all areas of NA College||E|
|Strong administration and organisational skills||E|
|Ability to inspire, influence and motivate others to achieve outstanding teaching, learning and assessment practice||E|
|Self- Awareness, self-confidence and the ability to accurately self-assess and reflect constructively on own behaviour and impact||E|
|Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills. An intermediate level of understanding of MS office applications desirable.||E|
|Ability to work as part of a team||E|
|Knowledge of Ofsted criteria (EIF) and expectations||E|
|Experience of implementing and managing change and staff development across a diverse team||D|
|Essential (E) or Desirable (D)|
|L3 Engineering Qualification||E|
|Level 2 or above in Math’s and English||E|
|Internal quality assurance qualification||E|
|Level 3 assessor qualification||E|
|A broad portfolio of professional and personal development||E|
|NA College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect staff to share this commitment||E|
|Committed to achieving excellence through continuous improvement||E|
|Willing to undertake new learning and personal development||E|
|Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances and work to meet changing requirements and new ideas||E|
|Be prepared to travel across the region||E|
|Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance||E|
|Able to commute||E|
|Ability to work flexibly to meet NA College requirements.||E|