|Job Title:||Engineering Workshop/IOT Support Technician|
|Reports To:||Head of Engineering|
|Salary:||£26,000 – £28,000 per annum|
Brief outline of role:
To maintain and monitor the engineering and IoT workshops and support delivery staff.
Key Responsibilities specific to role:
Maintaining level of consumables in engineering workshop.
- Working with delivery staff to maintain levels and condition of hand tools and portable tools.
- Maintaining Welding bays and monitor condition and effectiveness of welding sets, associated equipment, and ventilation units.
- Maintain and monitor the condition of all mains powered equipment; Lathes, Milling Machines, Pedestal Drills, Grinding machine and Bandsaw.
- Effectively maintaining cleanliness and operational readiness of workshop areas, for safe use by learners.
- Assist delivery staff in ensuring learners are working to programme and to monitor behavioural aspects of learners, within the workshop environment.
- Monitor and maintain levels of PPE used in the engineering workshop.
- Ensure that all learners comply with statutory PPE requirements within the workshop environment.
- Maintain IOT centre workshop environment.
- Willingness to commit to assessor training and formal assessor qualifications.
- Working with delivery staff to develop existing, and new qualification units, both in Engineering and IOT.
Key responsibilities (generic)
Know what and where the NA College strategy is, what it contains, and make sure what they do on a day-to-day basis is in line with the strategic objectives in some way.
- Ensure the work they do is of a high-quality standard and NA College procedures and policies are followed at all times.
- Engage in personal professional development to keep up to date in industry/commercial issues, attend mandatory training.
- Present NA College in a positive way at all times with external clients, students, customers etc.
- Work flexibly and efficiently in order to meet customers’ needs, whilst maintaining the highest possible professional standards.
- Bring new ideas and try new ideas/approaches with an open mind.
- To act at all times in accordance with NAC Group’s policies, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding. To promote the highest standards of practice and ensure the effective implementation of these policies within the area of responsibility.
- Fully engage in the performance management process.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of data at all times.
- Live the NA College values in daily life and embed in everything they do.
- Participate as required in NA College wider activities.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||E- Essential D – Desirable|
|Conscientious and autonomous self-starter with the ability to plan and manage own workload||E|
|Strong communication skills, oral and written.||E|
|Good administration and organisational skills||E|
|Ability to respond positively and sympathetically to learners and provide appropriate support.||E|
|Ability to work as part of a team||E|
|Creative and innovative with the ability to change role to suit NA College requirements and changing environment||E|
|Good numeracy, literacy, and IT skills. An intermediate level of understanding of MS office applications desirable.||E|
|Knowledge and understanding of the advanced apprenticeship standards||D|
|Minimum 5 years sector appropriate experience||E|
|Experience maintaining workshop equipment||E|
|Current practical experience within vocational area||E|
|Qualifications and Training|
|NVQ level 3 in Engineering||E|
|Hold a relevant teaching qualification or willingness to work towards||D|
|Level 2 or above in Math’s and English||E|
|NA College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect staff to share this commitment||E|
|Target driven and committed to achieving excellence through continuous improvement||E|
|Willing to undertake new learning and personal development||E|
|Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances and work to meet changing requirements and new ideas||E|
|Have a friendly and humorous disposition to fit the culture of NA College||E|
|Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance||E|
|Holder of a valid driving license or equivalent||D|
|Ability to work flexibly to meet NA College requirements.||E|