NA College is seeking to recruit a person for maternity cover for our Learning Support Officer and will be responsible for providing individual and group support for students and keeping accurate records of support delivered working across various courses.
The successful candidates will be:
- Be able to support students with additional learning needs, in the classroom and in other learning environments, assisting with their physical and emotional well-being and learning support requirements.
- Experienced in working with apprentices (of various ages) and those unemployed attending employability courses.
- Enthusiastic and highly committed to improving the learning attainments and employment opportunities of the apprentices and adult learners within NA College.
- Willing to learn or already experienced in using Cognassist (the neurodiversity solution, with a cognitive assessment and support, helping individuals perform at their best in education and work) in order to help our tutors to engage effectively with the learners to enable completion of targets set.
- Provide practical support, note-taking, reading, prompting/scribing and/or notetaking support during exams as required and following the requirements of the awarding body.
Additional duties will include:
Supporting the Designated Safeguarding Officer by undertaking the role of Deputy Safeguarding Officer ensuring the learners are aware of the support available and becoming the ‘Safeguarding face’ of inductions and being confident in delivering periodic teaching sessions on Safeguarding, British Values and Prevent.
Facilitate apprenticeship ‘learner voice’ sessions, ensuring learner representatives are in place and feedback is taken forward by both the department and the employer.
Ensuring learner surveys are completed timely, analysed and actioned by the relevant Head of Department.
We are passionate about providing the qualifications and training that local employers and communities need. Our goal is to prepare all of our students for the world of work, both now and in years to come.
You will have good IT, communication and note-taking skills and be prepared to work flexibly across all programmes.