Our Learning Support Team are available to discuss individual requirements for those who have additional needs as well as provide advice, including information about DSA (The Disabled Student’s Allowance). Alternatively, further information DSAs (and a downloadable copy of Bridging the Gap) is available via www.direct.gov.uk/dsas.
Health, Safety & Wellbeing
Our Health, Safety & Wellbeing Officer can offer confidential specialist support to all students experiencing mental health/emotional/social problems which are affecting their wellbeing and ability to progress. For additional information, please contact Ian Bell on tel 0191 466 1188 or email Ian.Bell@nacollege.ac.uk.
You can learn more about our Safety & Wellbeing Policy here.
Our Disability Statement will help you to make an informed decision about choosing to study here. You will be assessed on your academic ability for the course you wish to study.
We can offer:
- Personalised and bespoke support, in and out of class to meet your additional support needs
- Individualised and tailor made student support, in and out of class
- Assistance through the use of a range of specialist equipment
- Advice and assistance with access, resources and materials
- Liaison with parents and carers, schools and external support agencies
- Support with personal care
- Support at meal and break times.
Please contact Alison Brough, Learning Support Officer, on tel 0191 466 1188 or email Alison.Brough@nacollege.ac.uk
Specific Learning Difficulties
Specialist staff can provide advice and support if you have a specific learning difficulty (SpLD), have expressed concern about a SpLD or have been identified by teaching staff as possibly having an SpLD. For additional information on the support we can provide, please call our Learner Support Officer on tel 0191 466 1188 or email Alison.Brough@nacollege.ac.uk
If you think you might need urgent support, please follow our Safeguarding procedure found here or contact our Safeguarding Lead, Maureen Askew, on tel 07919 525014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org