Duration: 4 Days – This qualification can be used in conjunction with Level 1 Award Customer Service (RQF)
The Personal Development for Employability qualification has been developed to provide individuals with the knowledge and understanding to enhance their success in employment in a range of different occupational sectors. The content and structure of each qualification is designed to be flexible for learners to achieve a variety of employment-based skills, along with a number of work-related tasters that could be selected from the following areas:
|Accounting||Customer Service||Manual Handling|
|Active Leisure||Fire Safety||Retail|
|Business and Administration||Health and Social Care||Risk Assessment|
|Cleaning||Hospitality and Catering||Underage Sales Prevention|
This qualification includes:
- Unit 1 Self – assessment – Understanding own strengths and weaknesses and the importance of recognising personal skills and qualities and understanding goal setting.
- Unit 2 Dealing with problems in daily life – Demonstrate an awareness of how to recognise straightforward problems. Tackle straightforward problems.
- Unit 3 Job searching – Know where to find information on job vacancies, know how to search for suitable job roles, know how to search for suitable job roles. Be able to search for job vacancies.
- Unit 4 Produce a Curriculum Vitae – Know the purpose of a Curriculum Vitae, know information required in a CV. Be able to produce a CV.
- Unit 5 Developing effective communication skills for the workplace – Understand the importance of effective communication for the workplace. Understand how to communicate effectively with others. Be able to use communication skills with others.
- Unit 6 Preparing for an interview – Know information required to prepare for an interview, be able to prepare for interview questions. Be able to plan travel for an interview.
- Unit 8 Working in a team – Know the effective teamwork requires team members to behave in certain ways. Know how to contribute team tasks, know the roles and responsibilities of team members (including own) in relation to a given task.
Days and hours
4 Days Mon – Thurs 8am – 4pm