Brief outline of role:
The Digital Curriculum Specialist responsibility is to design and manage new curriculum aligned to our IoT (Institute of Technology), Bootcamps and other higher education projects that supports delivery across Learning, Apprenticeships and short courses to deliver high quality outcomes for learners and clients. You will have specific focus on digital courses design and delivery. You will support the planning, design, development and implementation and delivery strategies in partnership with our key stakeholders which will require a deep understanding about what our learners and their employers want and need.
In meeting these needs, the Curriculum Specialist will understand customer needs, create business cases recommend learning propositions and pricing. You will develop learning with up-to-date, industry content and that are structured to empower learners and fully satisfy employers’ skills demand. This will involve embracing digital, immersive technology and blended learning to improve the learner experience and journey. The new training needs must also be customised to include the ‘NAC IoT – Smart Education Production Line’ to meet strategy requirements to create a unique learning experience.
You will work closely with the IoT and Operations team to implement their strategic intent in the curriculum area and report directly to the Chief of Strategy Director.
Key Responsibilities specific to role:
- To create and/or customise new IoT digital Curriculum, design and develop (initially in digital data analyst). Link the Curriculum to the Smart Education Learning Production Line to create a unique learning experience
- To create and execute a development plan for curriculum in their portfolio.
- Design a delivery model that will stretch and challenge learners
- Plan and agree curriculum in line with learner and employer needs, and ensure it is delivered effectively and efficiently
- To commission the development of new learning content, including identifying and selecting high quality content authors.
- To execute quality checks required to ensure the new curriculum is meeting high quality standard.
- To plan/monitor and lead the new curriculum piloting activity in order to investigate and implement the improvements required to ensure high quality standard in the new provision and guarantee employer satisfaction.
- To design the blended delivery model to accurately balance the standard delivery, with Smart factory shopfloor activity, VR/Immersive and social learning.
- To understand learner and employer needs through user research.
- To develop programmes assets to support consistent approach to delivery (such as programme specs, trainer guides).
- To ensure maximum use/ re-use of content across NA College.
- To ensure their programmes utilise agreed learning methodologies and technologies.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||E- Essential D – Desirable|
|Good organisational and planning skills||E|
|Ability to plan and manage own workload and meet deadlines||E|
|Have excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders||E|
|Conscientious and autonomous self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritise own workload, manage time effectively, function well under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.||E|
|Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including identifying and resolving the root cause of problems||E|
|Strong analytical and commercial awareness partnered with a customer mind-set||E|
|High standard quality in the delivery of blended learning and/or digital technical training||E|
|Ability to work as part of a team||E|
|Education quality background||E|
|Ability to define and communicate a vision for the curriculum area||E|
|Creative and innovative with the ability to change role to suit NA College requirements and changing environment||E|
|Experience of contributing to effective curriculum planning, design and development, particular in Digital||E|
|Experience in leading and/or coordinating enhancements in quality in the delivery of Digital curriculum||E|
|The ability to design highly engaging and coherent learning programmes||E|
|Knowledge of ESFA funding rules across all contracts||D|
|Knowledge of Ofsted criteria (EIF) and expectations||E|
|Qualifications and Training|
|Hold a Level 3 or above teaching qualification or equivalent.||E|
|Hold a Level 4 or above teaching qualification or equivalent||E|
|Hold a level 4 or above digital qualification||E|
|Technical engineering or manufacturing background or aligned with NAC future curriculum development activity planned||D|
|NA College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect staff to share this commitment||E|
|Target driven and committed to achieving excellence through continuous improvement||E|
|Willing to undertake new learning and personal development||E|
|Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances and work to meet changing requirements and new ideas||E|
|Have a friendly and humorous disposition to fit the culture of NA College||E|
|Be prepared to travel across the region (some national travel may be required)||E|
|Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance||E|
|Willing to commute||E|
|Ability to work flexibly to meet NA College requirements.||E|