Brief outline of role:
To plan, deliver and develop functional skills curriculum (Maths and English) for learners on various programmes enabling the achievement of the recommended level and progressing to one level higher if required.
Key Responsibilities specific to role:
- To keep updated about changes in policy and practice around Maths and English (e.g. the current development of Functional Skills) and disseminating this to relevant staff
- To support Programme Manager’s and assessors to achieve business and performance targets
- To plan, deliver and evaluate Maths and English as part of the Functional Skills element of the framework by:
- Producing schemes of work and lesson plans
- Identifying and developing resources
- Supporting learners and recording progress
- Evaluating course satisfaction returns
- To deliver Functional Skills online, in the classroom and work base environments.
- To organise (and where necessary, source) Functional Skills resources.
- To contribute to ensuring that Functional Skills are offered through a range of delivery modes to meet the needs of learners (e.g. group-based, blended learning) and tests are available in paper-based (if required by the learner) and on-line versions.
- To devise individual learning plans by taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
- To provide accurate and timely formative and summative assessment and feedback to learners, maintain assessment records, including tracking and reporting of learner attendance and progress.
- Complete qualification administration to required standards for awarding body and verified by IQA/EQA
- To provide monthly updates on Functional Skills achievements and highlight any issues that would prevent achievement, and ensure that success targets are achieved.
- To work flexibly in hours of work, over a number of employer sites and online, to facilitate learner engagement and achievement.
- To evaluate and develop own practice.
- To be willing to undertake training and development activities that would support the development of the role.
- To be willing to explore innovative ideas and approaches to delivery and assessment
- To undertake all other duties that falls within the scope of the post.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||E- Essential D – Desirable|
|Conscientious and autonomous self-starter with the ability to plan and manage own workload||E|
|Strong communication skills, oral and written and the ability to network effectively||E|
|An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines||E|
|Ability to work with multimedia and new technology in a learning environment||E|
|Ability to work as part of a team||E|
|Knowledge and understanding of Functional Skills curricula and examinations process.||D|
|An understanding of the pressures of the manufacturing environment.||D|
|Strong teaching skills and the ability to adapt and personalise teaching.||E|
|Ability to motive and engage learners to participate and progress.||E|
|Proven work experience as a Curriculum Developer||E|
|Experience in using online learning platforms and E-portfolio systems||D|
|Experience of working in the post-16 sector, especially within Apprenticeship Work Based Learning and Adult Education||D|
|Have hands on experience of assessment strategy and assessment development||E|
|Have the ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialised information||E|
|Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience through training||E|
|Qualifications and Training|
|Level 3 Math’s and/or English||E|
|English and/or maths subject specialism||E|
|Holds a teaching qualification (ie PGCE, PCET, DTLLS)||E|
|Training & knowledge of a range of curriculum development especially for WBL, Adult Education and e-learning||E|
|NA College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect staff to share this commitment and complete yearly mandatory training.||E|
|Target driven and committed to achieving excellence through continuous improvement||E|
|Staff will always strive to achieve/meet all targets and deadlines.||E|
|Willing to undertake new learning and personal development||E|
|Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances and work to meet changing requirements and new ideas||E|
|Have a friendly and humorous disposition to fit the culture of NA College.|
|Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance||E|
|Holder of a valid driving license or equivalent||D|
|Ability to work flexibly to meet requirements.||E|