Brief outline of role:
The key objectives of the role are to support and work with the MIS Manager and Team Leader to maintain and update computerised details of all participants on ESFA funded programmes to the highest standards of accuracy. To ensure that all computerised and paper-based information on learners/participants for ESFA programmes provides an audit trail. To ensure all learner files and records are fully compliant for external audit purposes. To provide data and information reports as required by Managers.
Key Responsibilities specific to role:
- To create, input and maintain accurate student records using the PICS management information system, OneFile, Cognassist and any other internal systems.
- Carry out eligibility checks on learners and ensure that learners meet the requirements of the funding rules.
- To ensure compliance of all start, on programme and leaver paperwork meets the requirements of funding agencies, internal and external bodies.
- Ensure compliance meets with audit requirements.
- Timely collocation and validation of learner data in line with funding requirements and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Registration and claims of qualifications with awarding bodies.
- Audits and updates on awarding body sites and internal systems.
- Ensure internal data is relevant, accurate and timely and produce appropriate MIS reports as required.
- Assist with the development of processes to increase the efficiency with the department and ensure compliance.
- Provide advice, guidance and training to other members of staff on compliance processes.
- Assist with internal and external audits across all contracts.
- Produce data and information reports where required by managers.
- To meet with the objectives and priorities of NAC and their stakeholders across all contracts.
- To attend all required meetings and implement action plans to agreed timescales when issues are highlighted.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as specified by your line manager.
Key responsibilities (generic)
Know what and where the NA College strategy is, what it contains, and make sure what they do on a day-to-day basis is in line with the strategic objectives in some way.
- Ensure the work they do is of a high-quality standard and NA College procedures and policies are followed at all times.
- Engage in personal professional development to keep up to date in industry/commercial issues, attend mandatory training.
- Present NA College in a positive way at all times with external clients, students, customers etc.
- Work flexibly and efficiently in order to meet customers’ needs, whilst maintaining the highest possible professional standards.
- Bring new ideas and try new ideas/approaches with an open mind.
- To act at all times in accordance with NAC Group’s policies, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding. To promote the highest standards of practice and ensure the effective implementation of these policies within the area of responsibility.
- Fully engage in the performance management process.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of data at all times.
- Live the NA College values in daily life and embed in everything they do.
- Participate as required in NA College wider activities.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||E- Essential D – Desirable|
|Ability to plan and manage own workload||E|
|Assist the team to achieve deadlines||E|
|Excellent communication skills, oral and written||E|
|Meticulous attention to detail||E|
|Knowledge of ESFA funding rules across all contracts||E|
|Conscientious and autonomous self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritise own workload, manage time effectively, function well under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.||E|
|Strong administration and organisational skills||E|
|Ability to inspire and motivate others to achieve outstanding practices||E|
|Self- Awareness, self-confidence and the ability to accurately self-assess and reflect constructively on own behaviour and impact||E|
|Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills. An intermediate level of understanding of MS office applications desirable.||E|
|Ability to work as part of a team||E|
|Creative and innovative with the ability to change role to suit NA College requirements and changing environment||E|
|Knowledge of Ofsted criteria (EIF) and expectations||D|
|Experience in compliance process to satisfy ESFA and other funding guidelines||D|
|Experience in carrying out internal audits||D|
|Experience of ESFA external audits||D|
|Qualifications and Training|
|L2 Business Administration or willing to work towards||E|
|Level 2 or above in Math’s and English||E|
|NA College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect staff to share this commitment||E|
|Target driven and committed to achieving excellence through continuous improvement||E|
|Willing to undertake new learning and personal development||E|
|Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing circumstances and work to meet changing requirements and new ideas||E|
|Have a friendly and humorous disposition to fit the culture of NA College||E|
|Be prepared to travel across the region (some national travel may be required)||E|
|Able to obtain a satisfactory DBS clearance||E|
|Holder of a valid driving license or equivalent||E|
|Ability to work flexibly to meet NA College requirements.||E|
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
Each job role within NA College is aligned to KPI’s, these are the success measures that will form the basis of each individual appraisal.
KPI’s specific to role including generic:
- To create input and maintain accurate and timely student records using the PICS management information system
- Ensure all ILR errors are corrected on request of Team Leader/MIS Manager
- Ensure all learners meet the eligibility requirements for funding purposes
- Compliance of learner files to meet with ESFA, internal or external audits
- Ensure internal data is relevant, accurate and timely
- Produce reports when required
- To assist with enrolment sessions when required
- To assist other departments with administration duties when required
- Drive positive behaviours and improve performance
- 100% attendance to team meetings
- Complete and be on track with all mandatory CPD as required by NA College
- Maintain professional competence e.g. knowledge of ESFA funding rules, MIS systems
- Present yourself in line with NA College professional standards
- Work collaboratively across all NA College teams and departments