Who is this course for?
The Maintenance Technician Course is for learners who want to progress into a maintenance technician role.
What will I learn?
This course will give you the necessary skills to progress into a fully qualified maintenance technician role. Gaining six qualifications in the process, you will gain the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours surrounding:
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Wiring and testing programmable controller-based systems (PLCs)
- Preparing and using Lathes for turning operations
- Preparing and using Milling Machines
- Handing over and confirming completion of maintenance activities
- Carrying out fault diagnosis on engineered systems
- Carrying out preventative planned maintenance on engineered systems
- Maintaining Mechanical equipment
- Maintaining Electrical equipment.
Year 1 (Full Time At College)
Level 2 Foundation: Practical workshop activities and classroom instruction.
Level 2 Gateway: 3 days practical assessment.
Year 2 & Year 3 (Day Release)
Level 3 Development (Knowledge): Classroom activities.
Level 3 Development (Competence): Workplace assessment of knowledge and understanding.
Level 2 Foundation phase
Level 2 Gateway
Level 3 Development (Competence)
Level 3 Development (Knowledge)
Level 2 Functional Skills Maths
Level 2 Functional Skills English
Working in a maintenance technician role or progression from pre-Foundation Degree Engineering leading to Higher level qualifications.
What are the entry requirements?
Learners must be 16 years old or over and have an employer to support their application.